So does having a blog make me cool now? First it was a cell phone, now it’s a blog. What next? At the rate I’m keep up with trends, I’ll never be cool. But that’s ok. I’m pretty happy with my uncoolness at this point. This blog thing does seem like a nifty way to keep people updated on my life though. So, on with the update!
The current status of my life
I have 3 more working days at the office job that I’ve been working for the past year. I’m excited to be done! This is the second and final time that I’m quitting this job. I've been doing job-screenings all afternoon trying to pick out the person to replace me. It's pretty fun. Much more interesting than the normal stuff I do. I start on Saturday working part-time as an ESL teacher. I’m working for the same company that I did back in June and I loved it then. The only problem is that it’s part time. The hunt for supplementary work began a couple weeks ago. So far it’s been unsuccessful. I’m still puzzled as to why Starbucks never called back. I think I’d be a great barista! Oh well. I know that God is in control of what’s happening. He knows what needs I have better than I do. Clichés, clichés, I know. But when my next rent payment depends on God providing a job, I think those statements lose their platitude/cliché status. I feel like the past four years of my life were nothing but multiple financial provisions in some pretty funny ways to pay the ever present school bill. God was so faithful! Not once was a payment ever missed. With a track record like that, I know that I know I can trust Him. Look forward to telling everybody what He does.
The apartment is so empty! The 3 summer roommates have all moved on to the next phases in their lives. Cilla and I are all alone now. We made macaroni and cheese and played Scrabble last night. We’re beginning to adapt, I think. The first couple nights were pretty miserable though.
I don’t want to overload the first posting here with too much information. I’ll write the rest later, because I’m sure so many people want to know all the juicy details of my life! Yeah, whatever. Let me tell you it’s pretty darn exciting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home