Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hoosierville

My family is celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. We're a month early, I know. We're not going to be able to get together for the actual day though. I caught a ride home with my dad and sister this afternoon. We took a fun little detour through Gary, IN. It really didn't seem all that scary or run down. Did you know that Goodwill has an outlet store? It's in Gary. Everything is under $5 except for the wedding dresses....bizarre. Erika and I were laughing over that. The wedding dresses were $200. I don't know who would pay that much for them new much less used from Goodwill. Of course, one of them still had the original price tag on it, $800. From $800 to $200 is quite the mark down. But imagine the type of dress that would end up in a Goodwill outlet store (think 1992 with mass amounts of dangling beads), certainly not worth $200. Out of curiousity we asked the cashier if that was really the price on the dresses just because it seemed so high. It definitely was, but she informed us that if we came back on the weekend the dresses are 50% off. In fact, everything in the store was 50% off on the weekends. A weekly clearance sale at the outlet thrift store? Somewhere along the line shouldn't that equate to being pretty much free?

Anyway, there's a 9:30 showing of "Back to the Future" starting in the family room so I'm going to stop rambling about Goodwill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home